Join the She Rock Board of Directors!
As a small organization, we rely on our board to work closely with staff both to set policy and the future direction for our growth, and also to act as a “working board.” If you want to be involved with some exciting expansion, and also work merch tables or events, this is the role for you.
We ask our board to:
Provide governance, engage in strategic planning, contribute to fundraising efforts, and help set our path for moving ahead.
Have a particular role in our growth by serving as an ambassador for She Rock She Rock, networking with teachers and the broader community.
Understand our programming by actively volunteering at our events (minimum of three yearly) and by serving on a committee (we currently have three: Fundraising, Communications and Intersectionality).
Take on leadership roles within the organization, generating and implementing new ideas and serving as a resource for staff.
We're particularly looking for board members who represent traditionally marginalized identities such as black, indigenous and people of color [BIPOC], trans folks, nonbinary folks, and folks with disabilities. If you have previous experience with finance, marketing or have nonprofit management expertise, that’s also a bonus! Can’t commit to that right now? Talk to us about committee work, which can be a good introduction to SR2. We bet we’ll get you hooked!
- Number of current board members: 6
- How many additional board members are needed: 1-3
- Meeting time and frequency: Quarterly meetings, plus an annual review in November.
- Meeting location: Varies; currently completely virtual.
- Time Expectation: 4-8 hours per month between board meetings, committee work, and volunteerism for the organization.
- Financial Contribution: You determine this — we have no set “dues.” We ask our board to make a contribution to the organization that is personally significant to them, as well as actively supporting fundraising efforts.
- Length of Term: Three years, renewable.
I need to be part of this. You need me. What do I do next?
Please contact Krissandra Anfinson (Board Chair) with a letter of interest, an updated resume and any questions you might have about joining our board! Send your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also view a more in-depth overview of She Rock's goals here.