COVID19 Update from our Leadership
To our dearest She Rock She Rock Community,
Whew! Take a breath with us- this has been quite the unprecedented spring. Okay. Are you ready for another message about Covid19? Let’s go.
We hope you are all finding comfort in these uncertain times through your communities and music. As an organization, we’ve been working each day to adapt to the uncertain changes, always keeping the health and care of our community at the forefront of our mind. Here are some highlights of changes that we are making:
- We are working on rescheduling and reenvisioning Women's Rock n Roll Retreat with the respect to the safety of our campers, teachers and community. We will be in touch with our new plans by May 1st.
- We are working on creating online classes, performances and open mic opportunities! Please stay tuned as we announce dates!
- We are planning to host Girls Rock n Roll Retreat one way or another. Any changes to programming will be communicated by May 10th.
- All of our meetings have been online and all of our staff are working remotely
- If you are interested in being a virtual SR2 instructor or student, please reach out for information about opportunities and resources!
We would not be able to do this work without the outpour of support from our community. We are feeling especially grateful for our Hall of Fame donors for helping to sustain our work during this uncertain time. If you are able, please join our Hall of Fame by becoming a monthly donor today. Your support helps us continue to be flexible and create programming that brings our community joy, confidence and MUSIC!
We have posted upcoming opportunities and resources for our community below. We know that our community is strongest when we work together to share resources. We feel incredibly lucky to work with such creative, nimble and forward-thinking folks. These changes in programming would not be possible without the countless hours of energy, work and emotion that our community has put towards ensuring our mission happens everyday. Let’s continue to TAKE SPACE AND MAKE SPACE as we work to ensure our community stays strong.
STAY SAFE AND BE WELL! Y'ALL ROCK <3 <3
Sam & Jenny
Upcoming She Rock She Rock Opportunities & Events
Instrument Loan: We have multiple instruments that you can loan out for free! Please contact email@example.com if you want to borrow an instrument!
Private Lessons: Many of our teachers are teaching online. View our private lessons page for their details!
April 25th Online Open Mic: Since we have had to cancel our bi-monthly Open Jams & Open Mics, we will be offering an online open mic. More details can be found on the event page!
5 Steps To Smarter Business Decisions In The COVID-19 Era (can also use for your personal life!)
National Alliance on Mental Illness-- COVID19 Information & Mental Health Resources
Details on Coronavirus Relief Bill
Girls Rock Camp Alliance Care Sheet
Resources for Musicians
Emergency funding from Springboard For the Arts
Springboard For The Art’s list of emergency funding for artists
Funding resources and grants for Musicians
Artist & freelance resources